Sunday, February 15, 2015

School Party Monster Candy Treat Bags














............................................................................................................................................................

School party time and how will you make a grand gesture and a lot of kids happy? 
Candy treat bags and cute monster tags!

I'm going to take us through a photo essay. I'll cover the supplies used at the end of the post, enjoy!

30 gift bags



Pre-fill your gift bags and secure with twist tie. These come from the bakery area at the craft store 
and are called pretzel bags. They usually come with the twist ties.


Stamp your images on pre-punched 2" cardstock disks.


My images have been colored with Copic Markers. Bright and spotted.


These gifts are intended for pre-teens so I decided to grunge them up with some ink sprays.
This is my simple spray set up in my craft room.


Now they are actually spray painted, I think the kids will love these. My stamps are from
Simon Says Stamp, "monster hugs". Also shown are a few of the Copic Markers used.

I've punched 2.5" scalloped disks to back the monsters and display a Valentine message.


Fully colored, sprayed and mounted.


Back to the candy bags, tie a 6" ribbon on a half hitch and cut ends to suit.


Punch a small hole in each tag.


Straighten a twist tie.


Slide one twist tie piece through the punched hole.


Take a pencil and curl the twist tie in a tight circle.


Slide out the pencil, see the curl? It holds the tags nicely to your candy bag.


Repeat for each bag.


So pretty, and anybody can create this lovely present in their own style.


Neat huh?! What do you do next? Give them away,


or make more as I did for my grandchildren.






I hope you've enjoyed the show and picked up some new ideas.

 Cheers, Vicki Swanson

recipe:
Simon Says Stamp, "monster hugs"
Lawn Fawn, "bugs and hugs"
Various punches by Marvy
Ribbon and candy


1 comment: